Tuesday 2 February 2016

The 'Benjamin Button' children in Indian with wrinkly skin condition which makes them look old

The 'Benjamin Button' children in Indian with wrinkly skin condition which makes them look old

A brother and sister in India suffer from a rare condition that leaves them looking many years older - just like Brad Pitt’s Benjamin Button film.



Keshav Kumar, 18 months, and his sister Anjali Kumari, seven, have wrinkled skin, suffer pain in their joints and swollen faces.



The siblings are teased for their looks and are often stared at on the streets. They dream of looking like other children their own age - but doctors say their condition has no cure.



Little Anjali said: ‘I know I’m different from others my age. I have a different kind of face, a different body, different everything.



'I have a swollen face while the rest of the world looks normal. People always stare at me and pass bad comments.



'The children in school call me names like daadi Amma (grandmother), budhiya (old lady), bandariya (monkey), or hanuman (a Hindu monkey lord) and it annoys me. I want to be treated like a normal kid and I want to be accepted for who I am.



’I really wish I could look as pretty as my sister. My parents hope that I will be okay one day but it makes me feel sad that my family suffer and feel embarrassed because of me. My only wish is for a cure. I want to live a long pain free life.’



The siblings suffer from a rare form of Progeria as well as a disease called Cutis Laxa, which doctors in India say is incurable.



The siblings live with their father, Shatrughan Rajak, 40, mother Rinki Devi, 35, in Ranchi, Jharkhand, and their older sister daughter Shilpi, 11, who do not have the disease.



No comments:

Post a Comment