Friday 4 March 2016

Indian dwarves become one of the world's smallest couples after wedding ...

Indian dwarves become one of the world's smallest couples after wedding ceremony



At just over two feet tall, Pramod Kumar's search for the

perfect soulmate was one he feared would never be

completed.

But after 22 years of looking, the 47-year-old finally found

love with Poonam Devi, 33.

At three feet and four inches tall herself, the newly weds -

who were hitched in a traditional Indian ceremony in Uttar

Pradesh last week - are one of the world's smallest couples.











At a collective 71.4 inches tall, they are only point four

inches taller than the current world record holders, Douglas

Maistre Breger da Silva and his wife Claudia Pereira Rocha,

who measure 71 inches tall together.

But Kumar isn't fussed about narrowly missing out on the

record, which would have seen them become minor

celebrities in their home country, known for its obsession

with record breaking.



Kumar said: 'A local villager helped us meet because he

knew that both of us were single.

'It was love at first sight for me. We fell in love right after

our first meeting. Things between us moved forward quickly

and we got married within a few days.

'I am pleased to have met my life's love and wouldn't

change anything.'

The two lovebirds got married in an elaborate wedding

ceremony in the north Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, with

much local fanfare celebrating their joyful couples

matrimony.

'We got married in an big wedding ceremony which was the

happiest day of my life. We love each other so much,' said a

jubilant Kumar.

Devi said: 'I was very lonely in life before meeting Pramod.

He is an incredible man. I can only thank my stars for this

gift that I have got in my husband.'

However, Kumar and Poonam feel that local villagers will try

to bully them because of their heights.



'Yes, people say things all the time. Many say that we can't

fit into the society. But, we don't care about what people

say.

'They are just envious that we are a happy couple. The

unhappiness in their lives makes them say such things,'

said Poonam.

The couple are looking forward to having proper jobs so that

they can build a home and family.

Kumar said: 'I was turning old and this worried me a lot as I

had not been with anyone ever.

'I thought I would die single but then I met Poonam and she

is the best thing ever happened to me. Now I want to work

and make our lives better.'

'Jobs are our only concern now. We both haven't had proper

jobs in our lives so far. But now we will move forward in

that direction and never look back again.'

Sorce : Daily mail Sign up free at PaidViewpoint for earn money

No comments:

Post a Comment